Resources & Costs
The potential scale and scope of this project are large. In order to produce a catalogue it will be a multiyear dedicated initiative. We believe that it is worth our effort.
We are currently working on the details, cost, strategy, and cementing the partnerships that will allow us to get this done.
We are also defining the core project plan through a Proof of Concept. This Proof of Concept will serve as a repeatable blueprint and guide through the complete capture, design, printing, and finishing phases. Please see the Proof of Concept section for more info.
Full resources required to get to full 100% capacity operations of this project would include:
The above are the full projected needs. At the start and as a proof of concept and our dedication, PaliProto 3D Printing, as founding sponsor, can make available the following:
- 3D printers to produce physical objects from digitized artifacts. We have 40 printers.
- Framework for a digital artifact catalogue.
- Two structured light scanners to capture artifacts as well as photogrammetry tools including Autodesk software.
- Design and scanning technician to be scheduled.
- One van available to be scheduled.
- Domain, site, hosting, design & processing software.
- Spare parts printed for rigging, drones, tools.
Would you like to contribute?