With this project we are trying to muster financial and community support to preserve heritage and historical buildings and sites across the South East region through 3D scanning, a digitized catalogue, AR/VR assets, and 3D printing.
We are currently working on the details, cost, strategy, and partnerships which will allow us to find the right approach.
Currently we are also creating a project plan that will serve as a repeatable blueprint and guide through the complete capture, design, printing, and finishing phases.
Full resources required to get to full 100% capacity operations of this project would include:
The above is the full projected needs. At the start and as a proof of concept and our dedication, PaliProto 3D Printing, as founding sponsor, can make available the following:
- 3D printers to produce physical objects from digitized artifacts. We have 40 printers.
- Framework for a digital artifact catalogue.
- Two structured light scanners to capture artifacts as well as photogrammetry tools including Autodesk software.
- Design and scanning technician to be scheduled.
- One van available to be scheduled.
- Domain, site, hosting, design & processing software.
- Spare parts printed for rigging, drones, tools.
Do YOU have a site in mind?
We have been in tentative talks about a number of sites or assets. While there are thousands of possible sites, and a number of places we’ve started to scan as a proof of concept we need a historical site with a sponsor. Do you have a historical site in mind that you want digitized?
Thank you for reading!
PaliProto 3D Printing & Scanning
Do you have a historical site in mind that you want digitized? Please check the example photos for inspiration! Let us work together to expand the conversation about historical preservation.